Competition exists year-round in Durham, and our calendar is filled with events spanning multiple age groups, sporting categories and venues in Durham. Are you planning or have you noticed a sporting event you’d like to submit to the Durham Sports Commission event calendar? Here’s how:
- Submit event information below for consideration. Please note that the event must:
- Be a sports event and occur in Durham County
- Support tourism in our region and attract local Durhamites as well as visitors
- Be representative of Durham’s culture and community
- Encourages visitor spending and tax generation within Durham County
- Accessible and welcoming to the general public
- Ensure that the event has been confirmed. Listings must include the date, time, and ticket information associated with the event, as well as an appointed contact person for further questions.
- Fill out the event submission form at least two (2) weeks prior to your event. It will take up to four (4) business days to approve and add your event to the calendar. (Your event won’t be automatically added to the calendar; it will go through an approval process to ensure we have all pertinent information. Please ensure your submission is complete to ensure its approval.)
Events NOT likely to be considered include exceedingly localized events like summer camp programs and exclusionary religious/political events, or product demonstrations and sales events whose primary purpose is to sell or promote the products or services of a single business. (We’re all for summer camp air hockey challenges, but unfortunately, we can’t promote them here.)
If you need help planning with your Durham Sports event, check out the “Plan Your Event” tab or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.